Friday, September 18, 2009

Learning to Love Yourself

For me this was and continues to be the hardest part of the journey. Learning to love myself has not been easy, and, I am not going to pretend otherwise. After a lifetime of negativity it is hard to accept that I am person of worth, however, each day I go just a little further in learning how to love myself.

So I'm going to do something for you that was hardly done for me over the course of my lifetime. See the clipart of the bear? That is a big bear hug from me to you. Even if no one else in your life is there for you, I am here, in cyber world with a bear hug for everyone who needs one.

Boosting your self-esteem:

So how do you begin to pick yourself up? If you are like me, you feel like you are in the deepest, darkest hole, and, you have no idea of how to even begin.

Be kind to yourself. Instead of always putting yourself down, just once a day say something positive about yourself. Need ideas? Here are a few to get your started:
  1. I have strong morals
  2. I am smart
  3. I am good at trivia
  4. I love animals
  5. I am kind to old people
Get the idea? Start with things that aren't necessarily about your physical appearance. Think about things you like or what you enjoy - and then tell yourself something positive about it. It won't come easy at first but, keep at it and slowly you'll begin to accept that you really do have some pretty good character qualities, and, from there you'll be able to expand it into physical attributes.

Just don't expect overnight results. This process takes time and lots of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment