Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Occasional Jerk

Every once in a while, even fat girls and guys have attention thrown in their direction. And, once in a while the person giving the attention doesn't have the best of intentions toward you. You might be a joke, you might be an "easy lay" or you might be the person between "real" relationships. Congratulations - you have met the occasional jerk.

The occasional jerk starts off great. They are really into you, and, call, email and text like crazy. Then one day, just when you think everything is going ok. BAM! You are dumped in the nastiest way possible. This is the trademark of the occasional jerk. The goal? To break you. The occasional jerk is just that - a jerk.

Now is the time to be strong and DO NOT let food be your comfort. Yes, I know it hurts. It hurts like hell. My real life example of the "occasional jerk"? I had just lost a ton of weight for the first time in my life. I had managed to diet my way down to a size 6. I felt good about myself, I thought I finally had a boyfriend, and, BAM! Two weeks into dating - I was told I was too fat!! And he dumped me.

Can you imagine? Being told you were too fat and being size 6! This devastated me completely, and, yes, I went back to food. I figured that being thin wasn't the problem, it HAD to be me. Guess what? Not only wasn't it me, the only thing I did was pack on 50 pounds and had to start the dieting process all over again.

Say this to yourself at least three times a day. I don't care how stupid you feel doing it, it DOES work. Repeat after me: "I am a worthwhile human being. I deserve love. And I deserve someone special." Now say it twice more and MEAN IT!

Granted a genie isn't going to appear out of a bottle and your wish isn't going to be answered there and then. However, this is the power of positive enforcement. It's part of the over-all attitude change required to make the life style changes needed to get to the life you want and not the life you are dreaming about...

You and only you have the power to change yourself. Always remember that, then start practicing it, and, you will begin to see things change in your life.

1 comment:

  1. I hate men! There are some real jerks out there! I liked this blog so much I became a follower! If you want check out my site in return! http://dimmusacio.blogspot.com/

    My blog is about Making money online, free stuff, computer and tech stuff. Plus I have a free contest every month! This month the 1st place prize is a $1000 gift card!

    ReplyDelete