Monday, September 14, 2009

Welcome to How To Attract Them

This blog is intended to help those truly interested in changing themselves. It will require deep self examination; you must be ready and willing to change; and, it requires growth. There are NO GUARANTEE this blog will change your life, these are merely the steps I took personally to get from morbidly obese with serious depression that led to homelessness and suicidal tendencies to a thin, working, and, emotionally stable middle aged women.

However, if you follow the steps, seek medical and mental health help as required, and, truly accept you are embarking in a lifestyle change, then chances are your life will improve. I make no guarantees how much improvement you will see and I make no promises how fast change will come to you.

Are you ready to change your life? Then welcome and congratulations on taking the first step to learning how to attract them.

About Me

I was the fat kid in school. The one everyone picked on, mocked, and teased relentlessly. Teachers did NOTHING to intervene. This drove my self esteem down. Coupled with the teasing and mocking in school, my parents reminded me daily how fat I was and how perfectly thin my sibling was and this came in to play several times per day. For example, I couldn't get the cute cloths because "I was too fat". I often sat looking at my sibling as my Mother would prepare special dishes for him while I was told he got special treatment because he was "too thin". This took my self esteem to the deep negative side.

I turned my like for food into a love for food. Food was the only thing in my life that made me feel good. It didn't mock me. It didn't make me feel horrible about myself. It turned into my security blanket.

By the time I graduated high school, I was 50 pounds overweight and in severe depression. I went on to college hoping things would change. I figured a fresh start. Not so - within weeks the same teasing, mocking, and humiliation started taking place.

When I reached my 20s I became a self induced recluse. I couldn't get a job because my self esteem was so low. I didn't believe enough in myself to think anyone would hire me and that's exactly how I came across in job interviews.

At the age of 25. I attempted suicide for the first time. Obliviously I failed, but, it was the first time I was introduced to professional therapy. And, for the first time ever, my parents were called out for their behavior towards me and how they contributed to my low self esteem and ultimately my attempt at self-destruction.

Financial hardship set in and, I was forced to go on SSI (Supplemental Security Income - a division of Social Security for disability). This set me back since it re-enforced my thoughts about what a horrible, worthless person I am and it made me feel worse about myself and like nothing more than a burden to society. I made my second attempt at suicide at the age of 27.

At 29 years old, I went back to school. Got a certificate from a secretarial school and finally entered the work force. By now my weight sky rocketed and I was well over 100 pounds overweight. I was hired by a small business with a kind-hearted owner who took me under her wing. She was just 5 years older than me and for some reason took a liking to me when others merely shunned me.

Turning 30 was hard. I was 30 years old, still a virgin, and, never even had a boyfriend. It was time for a change.

It was time to really look at myself. Not as how I saw myself but how others perceived me. It wasn't easy to be so honest with myself. My hair was long, frizzy and looked like I made no attempt to comb it. I wore no make up. I didn't care what clothes I wore. And, yes, I was FAT.

Now I had to ask myself, would you want to approach the person in the mirror (meaning me)? The answer was no. I was unattractive and I made sure the world knew that I knew it.

And so my journey of change began. I hope your story isn't as horrible as mine, however, I know many of you are out there, just like me.

As you embark in your journey remember one thing. This is just a place to start. Forget your past. Forget your present. Just focus on the future which starts just a millisecond from now.

How to Contact Me
I also pledge to be open to be anyone who needs an online friend and that is why my email is publicly available. Of course, this is not my personal email, however, all emails will be forward to my personal account, and, I will try to respond within 1 week's time.

Before you write please note I am NOT a therapist nor do I pretend to be one. If you have serious depression, suicidal tendencies or need medical attention then please tell someone or seek out professional medical help yourself.
Email me at: howtoattractthem@privacyharbor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment